Featuring a compact and lightweight design and an easy-to-read LCD screen, these EK-EP Intrinsically Safe Weighing Scales are IECEx compliant, providing an effective weighing solution for a range of applications, including hazardous area weighing.
Three models of different capacities and readabilities are available for the EK-EP series; namely, EK-300EP (300 g × 0.01 g), EK-3000EP (3000 g × 0.1 g) and EK-12KEP (12 kg × 1 g). They all come standard with a hygienic and chemically resistant stainless steel (SUS304) weighing pan.
The electrical apparatus and any acceptable variations to it specified in the schedule of this certificate and the identified documents, was found to comply with the following standards:
IEC 60079-0: 2011 Explosive atmospheres – Part 0: General requirements (Edition: 6.0)
IEC 60079-11: 2011 Explosive atmospheres – Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety “i” (Edition: 6.0)
- Compact and lightweight design while maintaining excellent explosion protection
- IECEx and ATEX weighing compliancy
- Duracell Battery operation*1 (approx. 250 hours) for high portability, requiring no power supply from a safe area via a safety barrier
- Auto power OFF function to save battery power
- Easy-to-read LCD display with backlight (16 mm character height)
- Hygienic and chemical resistant stainless steel (SUS304) weighing pan
- Multiple weighing units: g, oz, lb, ozt, ct, mom, dwt, gr, N, in addition to pcs (counting mode), % (percent mode) and SG (specific gravity)*2
- Comparator function for faster and more accurate filling, packing, sorting, etc.
- Adjustable response characteristics depending on the degree of drafts and vibrations at the location
- Security ring for wire-locking the balance to prevent theft