Do I need Verification?
GC Weighing & Calibrations Gold Coast and Queensland Scale Verification know this is crucial. Businesses must comply with Trade measurement laws. These apply to all retail and wholesale transactions where measurement determines price.
You must comply with Australia’s trade measurement laws if you:
- Buy or sell goods or services by measurement.This includes selling meat, buying gold or transporting freight by weight.
- Manufacture, pack, import or sell pre-packaged goods.
- Supply or maintain measuring instruments used for trade.
Consistency and certainty in measurement supports fair and open competition. It makes all businesses, regardless of their size or financial strength, follow the same rules.
Every business benefits from following correct compliance sampling.This willbe reached by monitoring correct measurement and using appropriate measuring instruments and procedures.
What are my requirements as a business?
If you use a measuring instrument, such as a scale to sell goods. You must ensure it is.
- Suitable for its intended purpose.
- Indicating zero before use.
- Level when in use.
- Positioned for the customer to easily see the measurement process.
- Kept clean and in good working order.
- Approved type and verified by a servicing licensee or inspector before use.
- Verified after each repair or metrological adjustment.
- Used in the correct manner.
The National Measurement Institute (NMI) recommends that you ensure measuring instruments used for trade purposes are checked regularly. Firstly, routinely have these checked by trained technicians with a service license. Secondly have a quality program in place to continue monitoring your compliance. Lastly goods offered for sale by measurement must be sold by legal units of measurement. For example, kilogram, litre and metre etc.Manufacturers and packers, importers and sellers of pre-packed articles must,
- Ensure packages are correctly labeled. National laws include requirements for measurement statements and packers identification.
- Establish packages packed or items sold consist of the quantity stated on the label.
- Assist trade measurement inspectors with any inquiries and provide information as requested.
If you need your equipment verified, please contact us and we can organise an appointment. Ph: 0474 30 40 50
Our Product Range
Medical and LaboratoryGC Weighing & Calibrations supply, maintain, repair and calibrate all medical weighing equipment. Currently a contracted company to Queensland Health. We routinely service and calibrate many Queensland health hospitals and health clinics across all of the state of Queensland. We supply many of the top brands for many weighing applications from baby scales, personal stand on scales to bariatric chair and wheel chair scales. These scales are TGA approved and of high quality and more than suited for the busy hospitals and health clinics. Supply measuring accessories from baby measuring matts, head circumference measuring devices etc...View More
Our IndicatorsGC Weighing & Calibrations supply only the top brand indicators from fully programmable indicators to simple basic weighing, we can supply and install these quality indicators.View More
Our Industrial Scale RangeGC Weighing & Calibration supply high quality industrial scales, platform scales for weighing Recyclables or scrap steel, crane scales for suspending bins, trade approved so you can buy and sell legally over these scales.View More